My Homecoming Weekend

 October 23, 2025


It was a shame I could not be present for homecoming weekend up at Slippery Rock, I heard it was a great time. I really wanted to watch IUP vs. SRU. I was thrilled when I found out we won. I was at a wedding in Dayton Ohio instead, which was great to be a part of. It was a four-hour drive, so not too long but not comfortable either. The wedding was a small, beautiful, Orthodox ceremony. It lasted about 40 minutes in the church, and the reception was so long but definitely fun. I got to see family I haven't seen in a while and celebrate with them too. It was a long weekend and I'm happy to be back on campus!

Comments

  1. Hi Vassilia, it's sad to hear you weren't on campus for homecoming, but good to hear you had fun and saw family. The football game was good, and more importantly, SRU won! I always think small weddings are a lot more fun than the big ones. I think it's nice to be there with important people in your life. Hopefully you will come to the next football game that is here on campus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Vassilia, I really enjoyed reading your blog. I am sorry that you could not be on campus for homecoming. Even though you could not attend, I am glad to hear that you had fun at a wedding. Even though the long car ride, I am sure it was all worth it. It is always nice to spend time with family, and I am glad you were able to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vassilia, Glad to here you still had a fun weekend over even though you weren't able to be at SRU for homecoming. Its always nice to see family you haven't seen in awhile thats definitely a win for family events. We did win the football game which was a great feeling since it was against IUP. It was nice to see the campus filled with alumni and students celebrating with each other as you were with your family at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's unfortunate you weren't able to be here for homecoming but at least you had something special and fun to be at! I always like weddings. seeing everyone and the whole idea of why everyone is there. One of my favorite things is getting to see my bigger family like cousins, aunts, uncles, so I'm sure it was a good time getting to see all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vassilia! I'm glad you had fun at the wedding you had to go to. I'm sure it was beautiful! Jordyn and I missed you this past weekend! We wish that you were here so we could've all went to the tailgate and game together! Some of our friends from home came up too, I wish you were here to meet them. Im glad you had a good weekend though :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

School and Social Life Balance

Campfire Cookout